The Christmas-New Year party season is back. All of you have starved, done some deadly work outs to stay in shape. Ok, here we have a seven point cheat sheet which guarantees you guilt free and weight free eating at parties.
- Start your day with a glass of lemon water and organic honey as it acts as a liver cleanser by assisting in detoxification.
- Have a decent-sized breakfast containing protein, complex carbohydrates, and some dairy. If all of that sounds like a complex equation have a either or combination of Dosa, Idly, Cornflakes, Multi grain toast, Omelette, Cheese and Yoghurt. This will keep you full and maintain your energy levels. The same advice goes for lunch and pre-party snacks or dinners. If you’re going to a party where you can’t count on a meal being served, eat a healthy with plenty of protein (try and add fish), but make the meal a little bit smaller than usual.
- Eat fruits, 2-3 servings a day. The water and fiber content of fruits considerably increases levels of fullness. Fruits cut out cravings for unhealthy foods. Besides fruits are great replacements to unhealthy sugar treats and high calorie foods. Fruits does not mean fruit juices though.
- Learn to compensate after an indulgence. So every time you eat a dessert or sinful fries ensure you back up the next serving with salads and veggies or fibers.
- Eat before you leave the house. Don’t arrive at a big meal, event, or a party starving. You’ll end up overeating.
- When you’re at a party buffet table,choose three or four items you really want to eat, and then step away from the table so you’re not tempted to graze.
- Monitor your alcohol intake.Before going out, it’s important to decide how many alcoholic servings to enjoy. Rather than downing three drinks in one hour, it’s wiser to enjoy a few drinks over the course of a few hours. Drinking on an empty stomach can lead to quicker alcohol absorption. It’s wise to drink a pint of water before each alcoholic beverage is consumed to avoid dehydration.
Enjoy the season.